Once upon a time there was a merchant ship
called Rattray Head. She
started out in 1943 as the SS Empire Islander and was renamed
Rattray Head in 1950, then Brick Quarto in 1960, finally
being scrapped at Savona in 1973.
In 1965, AF Henry and McGregor Ltd took delivery
of a new vessel named "MV Rattray Head" which
was completed by Clelands Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. of Leith.
AF Henry and McGregor Ltd operated the vessel until 1973
when it was purchased by Stephenson Clarke Ltd and renamed
"MV Angmering". On 29th January 1975 she ran aground
in Galway Bay while on a voyage from Gdansk to Galway carrying
a cargo of 2400 tons of coal which was removed, but the
vessel was declared a constructive total loss and was finally
scrapped in Genoa, Italy in 1976 with her sister ship Kinnaird